Careers at CHAP
Employer of Choice:
CHAP's mission is to define, verify and advance the highest quality of home and community-based care through its standards, accreditation,education and research. For our employees, this is a call to action - ensuring that we support our approximately 8,300 accredited sites as well as advance the field of community and home health.
CHAP strives to build a culture of professional development and performance management for both personal and professional growth. We offer various benefit packages to all of our employees; ranging from medical, vision, dental and generous life, AD&D and disability insurance benefits to an excellent 401(k) program and flexibility.
Our family-like environment provides our employees the opportunity to be who they are, enjoy their colleagues and work in an atmosphere of individual and shared successes.
CHAP is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color,disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation,veteran status or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. _________________________________________________
Position Title: Controller
Reports To: CFO
Under the direction of the CFO, oversee the operations of the finance and accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
As a member of the organization’s leadership team, supports CHAP’s mission, vision, and goals to ensure CHAP is the preferred accreditor of home and community‐based care providers and a thought leader.
- Assist in the accurate preparation and timely dissemination of monthly financial management reports and other periodic reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, annual audits and annual budgets. Issue timely and complete financial statements.
- Under the direction of the CFO, assist in the production, forecasting and analysis of the annual budget. Forecast and calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to the CFO
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for decisions around deferred revenue, capitalization of expenses, and pricing policy. Assist the CFO with investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Assist the CFO with developing and maintaining department’s cost accounting reports and develop new reports as required to provide further analysis of the profitability of different business lines and assist with forecasting. Evaluate and advise on the introduction of new programs/strategies.
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of CHAP’s operations; calculate and issue financial and operating metrics and provide for a system of management cost reports.
- Assist CFO in answering GAAP-related questions for team. Monitor and control department filings to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Function as one of the department’s “SAP Super Users” and answer software questions. Collaborate with CHAP departments and external consultants to ensure successful integration of SAP and LinQ.
- Maintain and modify, as required, department’s Excel upload and reporting files.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings, and with the CFO and director of accounting, coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit. Provide input into the annual financial audit and tax return to assure the accurate and timely completion of all income tax returns as needed.
- As a member of the finance and accounting management team, assist in maintaining the documented system of accounting policies and procedures overseeing the control systems and transaction-processing operations. Perform regular evaluation of CHAP accounting systems and processes and update CHAP’s accounting manual and provide input into new policies/procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
- Over seven years of directly related experience; including in-depth experience managing a corporate, trade association or other complex accounting department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, economics or a directly related area; Masters degree a plus. CPA required.
- Expert Excel user with high degree of aptitude for financial software systems.
- SAP B1 or other high end accounting software experience preferred; proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects, meeting necessary deadline; ability to resolve problems quickly and effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with others and independently.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to maintain files and records in a manner that allows quick and easy retrieval.
- Ability to complete assignments with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess the ability to exercise independent judgment.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume along with a cover letter and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org._________________________________________________
Position Title: Senior Level Quality Leader
Reports To: Senior VP of Quality and Information Management
Under the direction of the SVP of Quality and Information Management, and in collaboration with the members of the CHAP Senior Leadership Team, directs the planning, development, implementation and evaluation functions required to ensure performance monitoring of all internal controls within CHAP. Ensures appropriateness of performance improvement activities across the organization and ensures that all departments and practices are up to date and reflective of best practices. Accountable for activities geared to improving quality for CHAP products and services.
As a member of the organization’s leadership team, supports CHAP’s mission, vision, and goals to ensure CHAP is the preferred accreditor of home and community-based care providers and a thought leader.
For a complete job description and for instructions on how to apply, please click here.