Careers at CHAP
Employer of Choice:
CHAP’s mission is to define, verify and advance the highest
quality of home and community-based care through its standards, accreditation,
education and research. For our
employees, this is a call to action - ensuring that we support our
approximately 8,300 accredited sites as well as advance the field of community
and home health.
CHAP strives to build a culture of professional development
and performance management for both personal and professional growth. We offer various benefit packages to all of our
employees; ranging from medical, vision, dental and generous life, AD&D and
disability insurance benefits to an excellent 401(k) program and flexibility.
Our family-like environment provides our employees the
opportunity to be who they are, enjoy their colleagues and work in an
atmosphere of individual and shared successes.
CHAP is an equal opportunity employer and will not
discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color,
disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation,
veteran status or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
REGIONAL DIRECTOR OF PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
REGIONAL DIRECTOR OF PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
Responsible for operational oversight and administrative activities to ensure consistent application of accreditation and regulatory standards, site visitor selection and retention, and the satisfaction and improvement of accredited organizations. Collaborates with other CHAP team members to ensure excellence in accreditation and customer service, and CHAP continuous improvement.
- Directs site visitor function including selection, training, supervision and evaluation. Conducts new hire orientation program and ongoing coaching as needed.
- Reviews site visitor reports for accurate and consistent application of CHAP Standards of Excellence and regulations. Performs review and acceptance of Plans of Correction, communicating with organizations as necessary.
- Provides training, direction and supervision to ensure proactive customer service from all department team members, to support CHAP growth and customer service goals. Ensures all team members follow CHAP Customer Service Standards.
- Directs a team of site visitors remotely. Responds to telephone calls from site visitors to assist as needed through the visit process and decisions regarding application of CHAP and regulatory standards.
- Plans for and executes Board of Review process with timely follow up of accreditation determinations and correspondence.
- Participates in performance improvement and complaint investigation activities.
- Responds to telephone and e-mails requests from pre-applicant and applicant organizations regarding selection of agency-specific service standards for accreditation and interpretation of CHAP Standards and CHAP’s process, standards, and self studies.
- Serves as subject matter expert by maintain strong and current working knowledge of all CHAP standards and all Medicare and industry regulations pertaining to CHAP’s deemed status and accreditation programs.
- Ensures complete and accurate documentation of actions in agency hard copy and electronic records, including customer relationship management software.
- Collaborates with and assists other departments to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and CHAP policies and to ensure CHAP accredited organizations improvement and satisfaction.
- Assesses performance, identifies knowledge deficits, develops, and delivers teleconference and webinar training to site visitors at least quarterly. Responsible for in-services for site visitors and for helping site visitors with proficiencies in deficiency identification and documentation.
- Assures appropriate projection of site visits days for production of contracts and review of self studies as well as site visits performed in accordance with CHAP timeliness standards.
- Participates in strategic planning and reporting.
- May participate in marketing and business development activity through attendance and presentations at trade shows and state association meetings.
- BS degree in nursing or other health related field required.
- Master’s degree in nursing or health-related field preferred. May consider additional work experience as a substitution for a master’s degree.
- 8 years management experience including staff supervision
- 8 years experience in Medicare certified home health agencies and/or other community based health care services delivery
- Strong knowledge of at least one of the following: Medicare Conditions of Participation for Home Health and Hospice, and Medicare Supplier/Quality standards
- Experience in a CHAP accredited organization extremely helpful
- Sound knowledge and skills in quality improvement activities and processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; effective interpersonal and team building attributes. High level of energy and focus on customer satisfaction.
- Intermediate computer literacy
- Flexibility in work schedule. Some work-related travel required.
Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com
The .Net Programmer/Analyst will be a part of a team of software engineers that develops, maintains, and tests custom applications written in ASP .Net/C#, utilizing MVC design patterns, the razor engine, SQL-92, and other components of the Microsoft technology stack.
Education, Training and Experience:
- A computer science related bachelor’s degree or documented equivalent experience and demonstrated competency in agile software development environments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to detail structured problem solving and analytical thinking, strong organizational skills and the ability to work as a member of the team.
- Strong desire to learn and keep abreast of emerging technologies.
- 3 - 5 years experience with .Net/C# WPF and WCF.
- 3 – 5 years experience with creating C# based web applications.
- Experience developing SSIS packages to extract, transform and load data across multiple databases and technologies for data migration.
- Solid understanding of object oriented and relational databases, metadata, and data modeling principles.
- Skilled in HTML & CSS.
- Experience with XML, XAML and XSLT.
- Web services and SOA experience.
- Experience with content management systems, such as SiteCore or Ektron.
- ASP >Net add on libraries, such as Telerik and/or DevExpress.
- Passionate about coding and technology.
- Works as a member of the software development team to develop software for the organization, including custom ASP/.Net applications and other innovative technology initiatives.
- Provides technical analysis, prototyping and future design recommendations to managers, business users and technology professionals.
- Participates in the definition, interpretation and documentation of business and technical requirements.
- Codes software to standard, utilizing a variety of programming tools.
- Participates in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle, from design to implementation and evaluation.
- Responds to issues reported via the helpdesk and helps monitor application performance and resolve issues.
- Follows and helps refine processes, standards and total quality practices to ensure software is well designed and maintained.
- Participate in daily SCRUM meetings.
Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in employment with CHAP!
CHAP is an equal opportunity employer.